Invisalign Solutions for Adults and Teens in Covina, CA
Some patients desire a more aligned smile, yet would rather not use traditional braces that use wires and bands. If you fit into this group, you may want to consider the Invisalign solution. Arrow Smile Dental provides this innovative technique to Covina and surrounding communities. As a certified orthodontist, Dr. Rosales offers this “clear braces” method to patient of various ages. He has successfully treated a vast number of patient smiles with Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Just as the name suggests, Invisalign ‘aligns’ (or straightens) teeth using a highly transparent material that is nearly invisible. The process involves the use of 3D imaging technology that maps tooth locations. Next, slow progressions of maps are formulated to reposition teeth gradually until they are perfectly aligned. Customized transparent aligners are manufactured to move the teeth over time. Usually aligners are used for 2 weeks. Each aligner helps to reposition the teeth. Once the series of aligners have been used, the patient’s teeth should be completely straightened.
Why Consider Invisalign
As previously mentioned, the absence of metal wiring and bands in traditional braces is a prime reason why many seriously consider Invisalign. However, there are other reasons why some consider Invisalign to be a good option. Let’s look at a few:
- Invisalign trays are removable, which aids brushing and flossing
- Food restrictions are significantly less stringent than traditional braces that often prohibit certain foods
- There are no worries or problems with bending or breaking wires or brackets
- Lifestyle changes are not required as with nominal braces
- There is a significant reduction in mouth irritation and soreness
- Dental checkups and tray updates are fast, painless, and easy
- The entire treatment requires fewer dental visits that metal braces
How Does Invisalign Work?
After an initial evaluation and approval for Invisalign, the patient will receive their first sets of customized aligning trays. These aligners fit around the teeth and gradually realign them. Invisalign is an effective solution for crossbite, crowding, overbite, spacing, and underbite.
To receive more information about Invisalign for yourself or teen, schedule an appointment with us. We will provide a detailed evaluation to make sure that Invisalign is a viable option for you.