If you are missing teeth or have some that are beyond repair, likely you are experiencing problems with the normal function of your mouth. Dentures are dental appliances that can:
- Restore natural chewing, drinking, and digestion
- Speech clarity
- Reduce gum soreness from food abrasion
- Prevent tooth migrations
- Enhance and support facial tissues and muscles
Whenever Dr. Rosales recommends dentures, it is to improve the mouth functionality, patient appearance, and overall level of oral health. Arrow Smile Dental provides dentures to older and younger patients with circumstances that require this treatment. Typical reasons why dentures are recommended are:
- Patient has a loss of all teeth in a given arch
- Patient has several teeth missing from an arch
Types of Dentures
There are two categories of dentures that can be designed for your oral situation. If all of your teeth are missing or beyond repair, a complete denture is a typical solution. However, if you have a few teeth from an arch missing, a partial denture is more applicable.
Dentures are made as a removable set, or they are supportable by implants. Either style will help you restore missing tooth functions. The main difference between implanted dentures and traditional dentures, is that implanted dentures are much more stable.
First Time Denture Patients
The decision to get dentures is a major step. Undoubtedly, you’ll have questions about the process. Dr. Rosales and staff welcome your inquiries. In fact, before you are cleared to receive dentures, Dr. Rosales will identify if there are other options that may be more suitable for your oral health and lifestyle. However, with every denture patient, we provide detailed consultations that will cover all denture procedure phases.
If you are found to be an excellent candidate for dentures, you’ll select an appointment to prepare your mouth for the dental appliances. Additional appointments will be set to:
- Take a measurement of your mouth and to get impressions of your gums (and teeth if partial dentures are needed)
- Try dentures for proper fit, feel, color, and shape
- Adjust dentures for long-term comfort